Experienced Construction Attorneys
At Rippetoe Law, P.C., construction cases are a significant part of our legal practice. Our attorneys provide a broad range of services to contractors and other business and public organizations. Clients range in size from individual homeowners to large international corporations. We offer each client aggressive representation and knowledgeable counsel in all construction law matters.
Examples of Construction Law Cases
We have handled many matters ranging from small projects to complex, high-value cases involving multiple plaintiffs and defendants. These include projects ranging from backyard improvements to large public works projects such as civic centers and waste treatment plans. We have also handled relatively simple construction defect claims arising from a single-family home project. Some of our cases include:
- Construction defect claims on projects large and small involving problems with demolition, shoring, framing, roofing, concrete, plaster, flooring, water intrusion, irrigation, drainage, windows and drywall
- Contract review and claims matters, including breach of contract for failure to perform or exercise the correct standard of care in construction and indemnity claims
- Mechanics liens, enforcing and obtaining payment for work performed
- Delay claims including delays arising from scheduling, escalation, out of sequence work, delays in work processing and delays arising from deficient plans and drawings and errors or omissions in the plans
- Insurance coverage and indemnity issues, including bad faith and obtaining coverage
- Premises liability and other types of job site accidents
It's About Payment and Performance
Most construction litigation falls into two categories — payment or performance. We represent clients in claims where monies are wrongfully withheld. We have also helped clients resolve matters arising from defective materials and poor workmanship. We frequently consult with independent construction experts to determine if the proper standard of care was exercised in the project and establish the proper measure of damages.
Contact a lawyer at the Irvine, California, law firm, Rippetoe Law, P.C.. Call us at 949-852-0020 to discuss any issue related to construction law — defect claims, payment claims or insurance coverage and indemnity.