Contracts, Construction, Public Entity and General Liability
The attorneys at the Irvine, California, law firm of Rippetoe Law, P.C. provide sound advice and representation to public entities and private clients in a wide variety of civil areas. The firm is AV rated* and our attorneys have an excellent reputation within the southern California legal and business communities.
Complex Litigation and Business Advisory Services
Our practice encompasses business and construction law, and general liability and Government Claims Act matters. We handle complex litigation in these areas as well as providing clients with business advisory services that can help them avoid costly disputes. Our areas of practice are listed below:
- Defects and claims. We handle construction defect claims of all types.
- Mechanics' liens. We represent our clients in mechanics' lien matters and obtaining payment.
- Stop notice claims. We help clients with their stop notice claims and securing and obtaining payment on their public works projects.
- Underground utility claims. We defend excavators, operators and other heavy equipment users against claims involving damage to underground utilities
- Schedule and delay claims. We handle schedule and delay claims on behalf of contractors and subcontractors.
Contracts We negotiate, draft and review all types of contracts. We also undertake contract litigation, negotiation and advisory services.
Insurance coverage and indemnity We litigate matters related to bad faith insurance, coverage disputes and represent our clients who have had coverage denied by their insurance carriers.
- Liability. We defend cities, counties, public agencies, school districts and joint powers and risk sharing groups in all types of public liability claims matters.
- Government claims defense. We defend public entities against claims of dangerous condition of public property and other tort claims.
- Premises and other types of liability. In addition to premises and general liability claims, we handle product liability, casualty and wrongful death claims.
- Auto and trucking accident claims. We defend drivers and their insurers against claims after motor vehicle accidents.
At Rippetoe Law, P.C. we have considerable appellate practice experience. We draw upon our knowledge of the law in construction, liability and public entity representation, and utilize our ability to prepare and articulate effective arguments.
To speak with a lawyer about any aspect of our legal practice, contact Rippetoe Law, P.C.. Call us at 949-852-0020.
*CV, BV, and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies.
*Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.