Contract Negotiation, Interpretation and Litigation
Construction law is oftentimes based on contracts — their negotiating, drafting and enforcement. At the Irvine, California, law firm of Rippetoe Law, P.C., our lawyers provide knowledgeable advice and counsel as well as aggressive representation in all matters related to contracts. In addition to advocating for construction-related businesses, we also represent public entities in their contract-related matters.
Examples of Our Cases
Our attorneys have successfully handled cases involving:
- Construction delay claims. We handle all delay, work disruption and impact claims, and schedule claims.
- Mechanics liens and stop notices. We represent contractors, subcontractors, property owners and public entities in matters related to mechanics' liens and stop notices.
- Construction defect claims. We have represented builders of single family homes, large and small construction firms and public entities in matters related to construction defects involving their properties.
- Insurance coverage and indemnity. These include handling insurance claims and enforcement, including bad faith insurance claims and other insurance disputes.
- Or any other types of breach of contract and enforcement of contract cases.
We have handled complex contract litigation involving large public works projects such as road improvements, hospitals, train stations, civic centers and wastewater treatment plants. We have also represented homeowners and contractors in contract disputes involving individual homes. Whether the client is a public entity, construction manager, contractor, builder or subcontractor, or a property owner, we provide cost-effective representation that is sensitive to the client's financial well-being.
Preventing Contract Disputes
Contract disputes and litigation are expensive and time-consuming. They can also affect the reputation of the public entity, the business owner or the property owner. One way to avoid the negative aspects of disputes is to work with an attorney with significant contract experience. In this capacity, we negotiate, draft, review and interpret contracts for clients. These and other business advisory services can help clients avoid litigation and its associated expenses.
Contact our southern California law firm. Call Rippetoe Law, P.C. at 949-852-0020 to discuss any matter related to contracts.