Defending Public Entities
The lawyers at the Irvine, California, law firm, Rippetoe Law, P.C., represent public entities such as cities, counties, school districts, and risk sharing authorities. Representing public entities is a significant area of our practice, and we have a record of accomplishment on behalf of our clients. We are known for providing clients with cost-effective and aggressive representation that is sensitive to the client's fiscal constraints.
Examples of Cases
Many of our cases involve defending clients against claims alleging that there is a dangerous condition of public property. In addition, we have successfully resolved cases such as:
- Claims of slander, defamation, retaliation and harassment
- Auto accident claims involving vehicles owned by the public entity
- Dangerous roadway and road design claims
- Inverse condemnation, trespass and nuisance claims brought by private property owners
- Wrongful death and catastrophic personal injury claims
- Premises liability claims involving public property, including bridges, recreational facilities, train stations and other properties, slip and falls and construction site accidents
- Contract and indemnity claims involving public entities.
In matters such as these, our firms effective pleading strategies often result in summary judgment, saving our clients the expense and exposure of a trial. We thoroughly analyze each claim in order to assert all defenses and immunities contained in the Government Code. We also involve independent experts when necessary to develop the facts of each case.
Many of the public entity matters we handle involve multiple parties and spill over into other legal practice areas. For example, our comprehensive knowledge of construction law is very helpful when defending a municipality against claims and contracts arising from public works or public construction projects. Our attorneys' knowledge of insurance and indemnity matters allow us to help our public clients obtain coverage that can shift responsibility and protect them against claims.
Contact the Irvine, California, law firm of Rippetoe Law, P.C., to learn more about the legal services our attorneys can provide. Call us at 949-852-0020.